Match Report

10 Feb
Past Matches


Following their 6-1 victory last week, ITFA were keen to build on this result and secure another three points against strong opposition. The opening exchanges were tight with the opposition probably having the greater share of play… clear cut chances were limited with both sides probing to create space and get their attacking players into the game…

It took until the 18th minutes for the first real opportunity of the game; a long ball over the top from the opposition found one of their strikers in on goal only to slot the ball just wide. Three minutes later they had a similar chance from a long ball which was hit high and wide. It was not until the 24th minute that ITFA really threatened the opposition goal. The same midfielder who scored a hattrick last week, picked the ball up in midfield and struck a sweet shot from the edge of the area which was touch over the bar by the opposition goal keeper to keep scores level at half time.

The second half started in a similar fashion with clear cut chances limited. Both sides fought hard with very little to choose between them. On the 42nd minute, ITFA pushed forward and a great lay off from one of the ITFA wingers slotted one of the ITFA strikers through on goal, but unfortunately his shot flew over the bar. This was then followed by some sustained ITFA pressure with three corners won on the trot, with one culminating in a strong shout for hand-ball, which was sadly not given.

Mid way through the second half, the opposition started to press hard and had an opportunity that went just wide… followed by another that was well saved at the near post by the ITFA goalkeeper. The last 10 minutes came, and the score was still locked at 0-0… however, five minutes from the end the opposition pressed forward and a long shot from the edge of the box went over the out stretched hand of the ITFA goalkeeper to give the opposition the lead. This was quickly followed by a second, when a defensive mix up gave the opposition the chance to slot home. It could have been worse bar a goal line clearance from one of the ITFA central defenders in the dying seconds.

A tough game where ITFA fought hard but came up against strong opposition and were just edged out. Thoughts now turn to next week’s fixture and the opportunity to get back to winning ways.